Multi-connection, multi-protocol equipment communications server providing connectivity for factories
The EIB® Factory is a multi-connection, multi-protocol equipment connectivity software solution for factories that reduces the cost of integrating diverse equipment into your factory control system and enables unprecedented direct access to real-time data from manufacturing equipment. This secure access is available to multiple clients, from individual or multiple tools, and can be enjoyed via multiple standard communication protocols. It’s a single, integrated platform that delivers flexible automation communication SEMI standards – SECS/GEM, GEM 300, EDA and custom interfaces – used in semiconductor, PV, LED, MEMS and other high-technology manufacturing. Both EIB Factory and EIB OEM are built upon the same technology which means that many OEMs are using the same automation software technology as their customers. EIB Factory is the next-generation solution for Plex4SECS™, a SECS multiplexer, and SECS4Hosts®, which adds SECS to any Windows application.
Flexible and easy configuration
EIB Factory is a single, flexible connectivity software platform that results in a solution which is efficient to implement and deploy. It is easy to configure for any tool type -- process, metrology, inspection -- and any tool topography – single substrate, batch, cluster, multi-chamber and continuous flow. You can configure EIB to represent a single tool or multiple tools, giving your factory full control over how equipment is controlled and how data collection is managed. EIB easily communicates with SEMI standard compliant equipment as well as any partially compliant and non-standard tools.
Factories can isolate the variations in equipment automation capabilities and communication protocols from their factory applications ensuring stable integration. EIB supports multiple non-proprietary communication protocols and allows customized protocols, providing flexible integration, lower cost and risk-free implementations.
With EIB's multiple connection capability, EIB enables the efficient and cost-effective realization of advanced manufacturing application capabilities such as e-Diagnostics, SPC, APC, Fault Detection and Run-to-Run (R2R) Control. Real-time and historical data collection and storage is fully configurable allowing easy access to equipment data for caching, visualization and data analysis.
EIB Factory is built on the Equipment Information Bridge (EIB), a patented and industry-proven software technology platform that provides a robust and flexible connectivity solution meeting the demands of mission-critical equipment software and your evolving manufacturing needs.
As the foundation for all next-generation PEER Group connectivity products, EIB enables fast and reliable communications to any number and type of equipment such as sensors, end-point detectors, and add-on chambers. EIB provides the latest factory automation standards including SECS/GEM, GEM300, PV2, and Interface A (EDA) as well as general purpose communication protocols such as OPC, Microsoft COM, .NET, and WCF.
Custom communication mechanisms are easily added in order to integrate specialized software applications, non-standard equipment communications, or 3rd party peripheral devices to your host.
With EIB Factory’s configuration, factory deployment, debugging and troubleshooting utilities, and code samples you can further reduce your implementation time. Using EIB's data management client sample, Data Management Explorer, data client development time is accelerated enabling rapid validation of data collection plan configuration, plan activations and transmitted data.
EIB Factory is built on the Microsoft .NET Framework, allowing factories to take full advantage of .NET’s programming which can reduce integration time by as much as 50%. The .NET implementation enables a number of other features, including improved threading and memory management, full object exposure, and multiple programming languages (C#, J#, VB#, C, COM).
|| Quickly create equipment models which integrate your equipment and host communications using a variety of time-saving features
|Reduce debugging time by using EIB Explorer to validate your equipment communications and data management
|Resolve errors quickly using EIB's Log Viewer to analyze your real-time or historical log files
|Control access to secure data within EIB
|EDA Pro Client
|Verify your EDA implemenation during development by using EDA Pro Client to test individual EDA messages
|Data Storage Administration
|Easily execute, monitor and manage your data management database
- Acts as a data server, simplifying the management and coordination of information flow between the host and equipment
- Provides multiple simultaneous, independently-managed connections which include multiple:
- Client applications including one for control and multiple for data collection
- Types of equipment
- Incorporates a full range of SEMI equipment automation standards such as GEM, GEM300, Interface A (EDA), and PV2 as well as other emerging standards in a single, configurable solution
- Leverages the Microsoft .NET Framework for both 32-bit and 64-bit client and server deployments
- Enables single or multiple instances of EIB to be deployed on a single machine providing additional deployment flexibility
- Creates an equipment model using the SEMI E120 Common Equipment Model (CEM) standard
- Provides rapid integration using OPC for PLC-based equipment that use HMI/SCADA software packages such as Modbus, Rockwell’s RSView32 and FactoryTalk View, Wonderware Intouch, GE’s Cimplicity and iFix, Siemen’s SIMATIC WinCC, and National Instrument’s Labview
- Supports popular factory and equipment control system communication protocols including HSMS, TCP/IP, Serial, ASCII, OPC, Soap, and COM/DCOM as well as the technologies .NET Remoting and WCF
- Extends beyond traditional host communications with custom interfaces, message handling, and state management
- Protects your state information with data persistence, simplifying your host application recovery (optional)