Smart manufacturing starts with factory automation software
PEER Group® provides the largest portfolio of factory automation software products and services to high-volume manufacturers and equipment makers in the semiconductor, photovoltaics (PV), and electronics industries.
We help lower the cost of automation for our customers by solving their most challenging equipment automation, data management, and process control problems.
Software Quality Assurance – New Grad
Based in Kitchener, ON
Drawing on your software development experience, you’ll jump into a two-year rotation program for the opportunity to learn our quality assurance process from experienced mentors in our award-winning team on PEER’s own suite of software products.
We want to hire people who can be dedicated to the Quality Assurance of our software products and solutions and we’re willing to train them to be experts. This is a rare opportunity to experience the dynamics of different software development teams as you rotate through different products.
You’re the first among a select handful of our current Quality Assurance Specialists whose start at PEER will intentionally develop your product expertise. As a member of the QA team, you will be assigned to work on specific product releases. You will follow PEER Group quality assurance processes to develop test plans, create automated tests and carry out manual and automated testing to create high quality software deliverables.
What’s the challenge?
- Learn about PEER Group’s connectivity products and the Semiconductor automation standards.
- Review and analyze software requirements and functional specification documents.
- Design and write test plans and test cases.
- Write automated test scripts.
- Perform functional and regression testing.
- Write SQL queries and analyze data returned.
- Report software defects in a clear and consistently documented manner using PEER's testing tools and procedures.
- Work as part of a product team to produce software deliverables according to documented specifications and planned timelines.
- Interact with your team, customers, and management.
- Possibility for occasional travel for integration support.
What do you need to bring with you?
- Post-secondary education in a technical or scientific field that has required you to do some programming (Engineering, Systems Design, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Physics etc.).
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies quickly.
- Experience writing test plans and creative test cases for assignments.
- Basic knowledge of software design.
- Programming experience in C#, C++ or C.
- Working knowledge of scripting languages and testing tools.
- Experience working with project deadlines and facilitating successful completion of projects on schedule.
- Practical experience using MS Excel, Word, Project and PowerPoint.
- Experience with Unix and/or Linux a plus.
- Aptitude for Quality Assurance.
- Outstanding attention to detail and solid analytical skills.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and enthusiastic commitment to following processes.
- Strong skills in written and spoken English - ability to listen and communicate ideas effectively.
- High commitment to success and a professional demeanor are assumed.
Breaking it to make it better
Delivering solutions that work in the timeframe they are needed creates loyal customers. Our QA team helps build customer trust by ensuring that the software they purchase meets their needs and exceeds their expectations.
You like to break things and you can often figure out how to make software behave in unexpected ways. That’s what makes you good at QA - you take personal pride in delivering high quality software.
You know that most good things happen as a result of a carefully managed plan - requirements gathering, sharing of information, commitment to a clear goal, solid development and testing processes, coordinating and communicating the plan for delivery and acceptance - that leads to customer satisfaction.
You want to work with a great team of people – lots of drive, lots of respect and lots of learning. You’re ready to get started – all you need is a real job and a great mentor.
Come and work in an environment where professionals have a chance to become experts; where you work in a small company environment, but deal in the big leagues. Come to PEER Group.
Please submit your resume by email as a .doc, .pdf attachment. To fast track your application, please include an electronic copy of your transcripts with your application via e-mail to Careers@peergroup.com. Visit our careers section for more information on applying to and interviewing with PEER Group.
About PEER Group
PEER Group is headquartered in Kitchener-Waterloo, Ontario, Canada, with an office in Dresden, Germany. A privately-held company, PEER Group currently employs over 130 people worldwide.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made on the basis of ability, qualifications, and performance. We welcome inquiries from everyone and value diversity in our workplace.
If you require accommodation in completing the application process please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call HR at 519 749 9554. If you are contacted regarding this position, please advise HR of accommodation measures you may require during our interview process. Of course, we will address these matters with respect and confidentiality.