Software Developer - Product Development | Intermediate
Smart Manufacturing starts with factory automation software
PEER Group® provides the largest portfolio of factory automation software products and services to high-volume manufacturers and equipment makers in the semiconductor, photovoltaics (PV), and electronics industries.
We help lower the cost of automation for our customers by solving their most challenging equipment automation, data management, and process control problems.
As a group, we are focused on creating customer success while working in a supportive atmosphere filled with challenges, fun and food. Our workstations were created for ergonomic comfort with cube walls for times when we have to concentrate and huge whiteboards for when we need to collaborate. We like profit sharing and full disclosure Communications Meetings. We recognize the great people we grow by promoting from within.
Software Developer - Product Development
Based in Kitchener, ON
Intermediate positions available
Working with one of our product development teams, you will be focused on providing connectivity software that provides fast and easy factory communications for semiconductor, solar, MEMs, LED and other high-technology manufacturing equipment. You will solve real-world problems for our customers by providing root cause diagnosis for mission critical software.
Scope of duties:
- Use your design skills and your coding talent to sustain and enhance the functionality of our EIB® Connectivity products.
- Learn about PEER Group’s connectivity products, tools and the Semiconductor automation standards.
- Design, develop, and integrate applications using UML, C#, Visual Studio, and TFS.
- Design and develop for Microsoft Windows.
- With team support, have the valor and flexibility to work in any area of EIB’s capabilities.
- Work with our support team, management, and customers to investigate and resolve Tier 2 support issues.
- Exercise your strong investigation skills in analyzing product defects.
- Write and execute unit tests. Analyze Unit Test reports.
- Contribute with advancing our Unit Test framework and Automation Testing.
- Take on research tasks for new technologies or feature advancements.
- Participate in code reviews.
- Leverage your technical and investigation skills to lead Gap Analysis exercises on existing product capabilities.
- Lead designs, and prepare Functional Specification and Design Specifications.
- Read and interpret SEMI Standards. Contribute to new standards as they are being written.
- Contribute to technical group discussions.
- Support our QA team with feature handoffs and product knowledge.
- Work flexible hours or overtime if needed.
To excel in this position, you need to possess:
- Solid knowledge of software design and demonstrated ability to learn new technologies quickly.
- Strong design skills, C# and .NET experience.
- Special knowledge of automation or experience writing service layer software an asset.
- Keen problem solving and troubleshooting skills and strong attention to detail.
- Excellent English communication skills, with the ability to effectively interact with customers and teammates, face to face and remotely.
- High commitment to success, ability to multitask within tight deadlines, and a professional demeanor are assumed.
- Eagerness to work in a coherent team environment where we are very open, supportive, and believe in group successes.
- Willingness to travel occasionally within North America, Europe and Asia if needed for customer support escalations or product training.
You’ve always been a quick learner. You have the ability to hold a gazillion details in your head - which gives you an edge when jumping into a new product space and assimilating the information that you need to know to become a guru. You have this amazing ability to figure out technology puzzles and get things to work. When you have a tricky problem in your head, it doesn’t leave you until it’s solved. You have pride of purpose, and heroic acts of problem-solving are your specialty.
You understand the importance of having a rock solid code base to build the future products on and you enjoy the challenge of keeping the core product on track while adapting to new functionality driven by industry requirements.
You know that most good things happen as a result of a carefully managed plan - requirements gathering, sharing of information, commitment to a clear goal, coordinating and communicating the plan for delivery and release - that leads to customer satisfaction.
We need your ability to jump on a learning curve, familiarize yourself with the problem space, the industry and the testing tools and get right into code.
Please submit your resume by email. To fast track your application, please include an electronic copy of, or link to your portfolio with your application. Send it via e-mail to email@example.com. Visit our careers section for more information on applying to and interviewing with PEER Group.